Competition news

DEPOR IN OCTOBER

06 Oct 2009
Lotina’s Depor started October with a new victory in liga. In the rest of the month, Depor will face a tough match against one of the most powerful rivals in la liga, plus games against a team in troubles, the surprise of the season and the first game in Copa.

Deportivo started the month with a 1-0 win at the Heliodoro Lopez stadium, result that meant the second victory visiting FC Tenerife at Primera División. It’s also the third straight win on the present liga competition and the result is allowing the Galician team to reach a Champions League spot for the first time in three years.

La liga will return in fifteen days after the international action, and it will be with an interesting and complicate confrontation against Sevilla FC, which is right now considered as the “third force” at Primera División. The Andalusians are third after the impressive 2-1 win over Real Madrid, and are living their sweetest moment in recent times with seven straight wins in official games.

Actually, Sevilla has won seven of its eight official matches played between la liga and the UEFA Champions League. The game hasn’t been scheduled yet, but it will surely take place on Saturday 17th October at the Riazor, because Sevilla has to visit VfB Stuttgart on the following Tuesday (Champions League). Therefore the doubt is if coach Manolo Jimenez will make rotations ahead of the game against the Galicians.

The last five official games of Sevilla:

 

Matchday 03

OSASUNA

0

SEVILLA

2

Matchday 04

SEVILLA

2

MALLORCA

0

Matchday 05

ATHLETIC

0

SEVILLA

4

CL

RANGERS

1

SEVILLA

4

Matchday 06

SEVILLA

2

REAL MADRID

1

Then Deportivo will visit Real Valladolid at the José Zorilla stadium, the Violet team is having a tough start of season with just one victory after six matchdays. Currently they are just one point above relegation. To appoint that Valladolid is the third worst defense in la liga with twelve goals allowed so far, only Atletico (14) and Racing Santander (13) present a worse number.

The last five official games of Valladolid: 

Matchday 02

VALLADOLID

2

VALENCIA

4

Matchday 03

ZARAGOZA

1

VALLADOLID

2

Matchday 04

VALLADOLID

1

OSASUNA

2

Matchday 05

MALLORCA

3

VALLADOLID

0

Matchday 06

VALLADOLID

2

ATHLETIC

2

Depor starts to compete in Copa Del Rey on October 28, it will be the first leg in the last-32 round –the second leg will be played on November 10- The name of the rival will be known on this Friday after the draw that will be made at the headquarters of The Spanish Federation (13h00 CET). Since Depor didn’t qualify to European competitions during the past campaign, there’s a big chance that Lotina’s side will face a team of Primera (68%), if not the Galicians will face a Segunda club (probability of 32%).

The month ends with the visit of Sporting Gijón to the Riazor, the game has been scheduled for November 1, but it could be moved to October 31. The Asturian side is without doubt one of the pleasant surprises of the season, occupying the ninth spot so far and with impressive results like the last 4-1 win over RCD Mallorca (the other surprise of the season) or the draw at Mestalla against Valencia FC (2-2).

The last five official games of Sporting: 

Matchday 02

SPORTING

1

ALMERIA

0

Matchday 03

VALENCIA

2

SPORTING

2

Matchday 04

SPORTING

1

ZARAGOZA

1

Matchday 05

OSASUNA

1

SPORTING

0

Matchday 06

SPORTING

4

MALLORCA

1

The calendar of Depor in October:
Matchday 06: 03/Oct/09: Tenerife 0 – Deportivo 1
Matchday 07: 17/Oct/09: Deportivo - Sevilla
Matchday 08: 25/Oct/09: Valladolid - Deportivo
Copa Del Rey: 28/Oct/09: Last-32 round (first-leg)
Matchday 09: 01/Nov/09: Deportivo - Sporting

ARCHIVE NEWS OCT/09

ZAPPING

Related news

THE SECOND BEST START FOR DEPOR


Back to Competition news