Transfer news

WINTER TRANSFER MARKET: JUST RUMOURS

24 Jan 2012
Within the last week Deportivo has been linked with three different players, but it seems that these are just transfer rumours. President Lendoiro assures that Depor will only sign if the club finds a great opportunity in the market.

Only one week before the closure of the winter transfer window and things remain calmed at Depor’s headquarters; the club is interested in the arrival of a left-back defender that can solve the problems dragged at that position since the past season, while it also explores the marked in the eternal search for a striker, i.e. goal-scorer, that could be a guarantee to cover the problems generated by the continues injuries of Depor’s current attackers. But in any case the club will only make signings if it’s able to find interesting choices in favourable conditions.

Lendoiro clarified the issue after the victory over Villarreal B; Depor’s president said that the club will only make a move in case of finding an interesting option, “I see more probable that nobody will come than to make a signing. I have the impression that Lassad didn’t suffer a serious injury, and in attack both Riki and Xisco are having their first minutes after been out for a while, but if a good opportunity knocks at the door, then we could make an effort.”

However, within the last week, Deportivo has been linked with three different players; the first was Real Betis’ attacker Jorge Molina (29). Galician Sportpaper Deporte Campeón (DxT) wrote that the club is looking at the top-scorer of Betis during its successful promotion campaign to Primera, now the Valencian attacker is not having too many chances at Betis, but neither means that his signing will be easy.

DxT speculates that Deportivo will try use the unpaid debt for Ruben Castro as a way to get the striker, but this option seems improbable as Real Betis is currently on administration, something that complicates any transfer operation as before it must be approved by the legal administrators of the bankruptcy process.

The second player linked with Depor is a familiar face: Joan Capdevila (33, SL Benfica). The Catalan left-back wants to return to Spain after a disastrous stage in Portugal; during the weekend Radio Galega informed that the club and the player’s agent were negotiating his arrival and that both sides were approaching their positions, however the same source claims that the operation remains complicated as Capdevila is asking for a high salary or to get a long contract.

The last rumour is the most exotic one, it appeared on Saturday at Portuguese Sportpaper A Bola; the source wrote that Deportivo already reached an agreement with Angolan central defender Fabrício Mafuta (23, Interclube). The agent of the player, João Carlos, told to A Bola that he has a proposal from Depor in order to join the Galician club on next season, this since the African defender ends his contract with Interclube in June. However, the club’s official have denied any approach for this player and told to reporters in Galicia that they aren’t planning any move for him.

ARCHIVE NEWS JAN/11

ZAPPING


Back to Transfer news