Competition news


29 Mar 2013
First defeat of Deportivo B in almost two months; the youngsters never felt comfortable in the artificial turf of the Baltasar Pujales. Luis Fernández scored his 15th goal on the season in the only clear opportunity for his team.

Coach José Luis Devesa was having the casualties of centre midfielder Richi, striker Dani Iglesias and left-back Ángel Martinez; all of them due to injury reasons, while centre-back Pablo Insua was suspended. At the same time striker Luis Fernández was returning from a suspension.

The system was once again a 4-2-3-1. Marc Martinez defended the goal; Diego Vela performed at the right-back position, Adrián Martínez played at the left, while Róber was picked from Juvenil A in order to join Uxío at the centre of the defense. Oumar Sidibé joined Paulo Teles at midfield, Álvaro Lemos attacked from the right wing, Jorge Romay was the playmaker, Víctor Díaz covered the left flank, and Luis was the central attacker.

The rival was Club Rápido de Bouzas, a club lying at mid-table that was arriving to the meeting after suffering three straight defeats, including a painful 0-8 loss visiting Racing Ferrol. Coach Juan Carlos Andrés was having his best players available, including winger José María García ´Chema’, the top-scorer at the team with six goal scored in the league. The artificial turf of the Baltasar Pujales is always a factor to have in mind.

An unrecognizable Deportivo B were unable to obtain a positive result facing a rival full of doubts after their recent results. Nothing worked out for Fabril in a boring game that was defined through set-pieces: two corner-kicks and one free-kick.

Devesa knew that this was a dangerous visit and perhaps he was too cautious as his team spent the whole first half more worried of defending the goalless draw rather of attacking a rival that had leaked fourteen goals in the previous three games. And it’s that Fabril was a complete different picture from the team that was wiping off the rivals and that scored thirteen goals in the previous three meetings.

Álvaro Lemos was unusually absent from the game and Víctor Díaz didn’t bring the same freshness of the past clash against UD Somozas. Neither Romay showed up and Luis Fernández was too alone up front. Only Sidibé left an impression of controlling the actions at midfield, though without creating any harm before the goal defender by local keeper Roberto Páramos.

Neither Rápido de Bouzas impressed with his offensive game, actually they never completed a shot on target in the first part, so the goalless score by half-time wasn’t surprising at all. The pace in the second part was higher, though without too many scoring opportunities. In any case there were shots on target in the second part and therefore goals.

The first attempt to score was for the locals as they had an indirect free-kick at the penalty spot, but the attempt of Pablo Carnero hit the wall. But the striker was going to capitalize his next scoring opportunity, this time after collecting the ball inside the area in a corner-kick action.

The goal forced Fabril to take command of the actions; they had the ball possession, but missed the same aim and ideas of recent meetings. Devesa could have changed the scheme introducing a second striker, but instead he only made one modification as Jorge Cano entered for Víctor Diaz. This modification didn’t have any impact in the game of Depor B.

But Fabril found the equalizer in a free-kick of Luis that Roberto failed to stop; it’s the goal number 15th for the striker, but there was no time to enjoy it as the locals scored again only four minutes later. Again after a corner-kick action, this time seized by defender Francisco ´Kiko Insa´. Ten minutes were remaining, but Fabril remained clueless and was unable to create any other chance to tie the actions.

Fabril suffered the first defeat since early February in a thick game where they forgot to show the same offensive power of the previous meetings. The team was shut down and never gave the sense of been trying to win the game. This match took place on Wednesday as the Galician federation advanced some of the games taking advantage of the holidays. The rest of the matchday will be completed between Friday and Sunday, but Depor B fell into the 4th position after SD Compostela defeated Celtiga CF (2-1). The youngsters will rest until next weekend, the next meeting is the home clash against relegation-troubled Alondras CF.

Rápido de Bouzas: (4-2-3-1) Roberto - Marcos, Kiko, Portas, Cotilla - Rubén, Pablo (Villa 90’) - Fidi, Carnero, Chema - Pardavila (Carlos 90+2’).
Deportivo B: (4-2-3-1) Marc Martínez - Vela, Uxío, Róber, Adrián Martínez - Sidibé, Teles - Lemos, Romay, Víctor (Jorge Cano 67’) – Luis.
Goals: 1-0: (61’) Pablo Carnero, 1-1: (77’) Luis, 2-1: (81’) Kiko Insa
Referee: García Villaverde. He showed yellow card to Pablo, Insa, Fidi, Cotilla; Lemos, Róber, Adrián Martínez and Luis.
Venue: Baltasar Pujales. (700)
Stats: Attempts to score (3 – 4); Corner-kicks (3 – 5); Fouls committed (11 – 12)




Back to Competition news