Transfer news

TRANSFER NEWS

12 Jul 2013
Deportivo have admitted the interest in Alexandre Geijo and Diogo Salomão, while the negotiations for Portu are stopped. The Galician club has been also linked with Athletic Bilbao’s Ismael López.

Four names have been linked with Deportivo during this week regarding possible reinforcements for the season 2013/14. Two of them were already admitted by the club as targets to reinforce the attacking line: Alexandre Geijo and Diogo Salomão.

Last week coach Fernando Vázquez stated that Deportivo were already negotiating for Geijo, “Yes. We are interested in him, but it’s complicated as this is a player that several clubs want, he has two offers from Primera División and others from outside Spain. We contacted Geijo. I would love to see him coming, but it is complicated, maybe impossible. I cannot rule out anything, but he has other offers.”

One of the Primera outfits interested in Geijo was Rayo Vallecano and the Madrilenians already ruled out the option as they cannot afford their wages. And it’s that the Swiss attacker was costing around €660,000 to Watford FC during the past season, without including the cost of the loan spell with Udinese Calcio. Those are impossible amounts for the diminished economy of Deportivo, so it still to be determined the formula that will allow the signing of this 31-year-old striker.

The case with Salomão is also complicated. The player will like to return and president Lendoiro admitted on Wednesday that they already made the contacts with Sporting CP, club that’s also living a financial crisis and that has overbooking at the first team. The problem is that the Portuguese club would prefer to sell the player or seal a more beneficial loan deal with another club playing in a first division league. So, Depor will have to wait some weeks before concreting the operation.

There were other two names linked with the club during the week that’s ending, the first was centre midfielder Cristián Portugués Manzanera ´Portu’ (21, Valencia Mestalla). It was said before that he was close to land in a Coruña as Depor and Valencia CF were negotiating a loan spell, but everything changed on Wednesday as website Riazor.org reported that coach Fernando Vázquez has stopped the signing. He was even mentioned as part of a possible deal for Aranzubia, but now the most probable thing is that Portu won’t join Deportivo.

Ismael López Blanco (23, Athletic Bilbao) is the last name linked with Deportivo. The left winger was ruled out of the plans of coach Valverde and several sources have reported that the player and Athletic were already approached in order to study a loan spell To Deportivo. Lendoiro was asked about this possibility on Wednesday, he didn’t deny it and just said that he has no knowledge of this.

ARCHIVE NEWS JUL/13

ZAPPING

Related news

THE PLAYERS AT THE DOOR OUT


Back to Transfer news