Competition news


15 Apr 2014
Weird game before the former leader. Three hours were needed in order to complete the meeting after a couple of incidents, including a head injury of Dani Iglesias. The team played 30 minutes with 10 men, but grabbed an encouraging draw.

Álvaro Lemos, Jorge Callón and Uxío Marcos were the big casualties for the game. The trio was out injured and joined the large list of physical problems hitting Depor B:  Tonći Mujan, Stefan Deák, Toni Insua and Álex Pérez. Álvaro Queijeiro was returning from a suspension and coach José Luis Devesa picked winger Óscar García from Juvenil A.

The lineup was a 4-2-3-1 figure. Marc Martinez was the starting keeper, Cañi was the improvised right-back defender, Adrián Martinez performed on the left, Sidibé and Róber were the centre-backs. Queijeiro and Bicho performed at midfield. Óscar García played on the right wing, Portuguese Miguel Cardoso was on the left, Romay was the playmaker and Dani Iglesias was the central attacker.

The rival was CD Boiro; the main surprise in the league as this recently promoted club was the leader before the game. The team coached by Rogelio Gómez ´Gelucho’ had only lost one game in the whole season. Carlos Padín, former player of Deportivo, was a starter in the game. Top-scorer Iván González didn’t play, so the reference in attack was Hugo Soto (7 goals in the season)

It was a solid game for a team that keeps growing facing the strongest rival and under the most unexpected circumstances. If there’s a word to describe this game then definitely it is “weird”. Because there were several unusual things that marked the match, to the point that the meeting ended 90 minutes after the expected hour for the kick-off.

First to all, Depor’s bus driver got lost and the team arrived late to the Barraña stadium, so the kick-off was delayed fifteen minutes. The first half was entertaining, with Depor B having the ball possession, but with Boiro having the best opportunities. Defender José Manuel Rodríguez ‘Cardeñosa was close to score with a header that hit the crossbar (17’), it was the main opportunity within the first 40 minutes together with a long-range shot by Romay.

Then it occurred the second incident in the game. In a quick attack by Fabril, Óscar García was able to bet the mark and release a cross from the left corner of the box, the ball went into the path of Dani Iglesias and defender Máximo Oubiña ‘Tachi’.

Fabril’s attacker scored the goal with a downward header, but in the process he collided with Tachi and felt into the ground. For a few seconds the player was unconscious and the game was stopped for ten minutes as an ambulance was called. The player was stretched off and was later taken to the hospital. Tachi was also affected by the collision and had to be replaced.

The first half ended there, with the final whistle taking place almost one hour late. Marcos Remeseiro replaced Dani Iglesias and the third unusual thing in the game came after the kick-off. And it’s that Boiro scored the equalizer after just sixteen seconds.

Cardeñosa released a long throw searching for Rubén Márquez, curiously the replacement for Tachi, and he made a perfect pass to leave Hugo Soto alone before Marc Martinez, and the attacker scored the equalizer before a petrified team that saw how everything was falling apart in a few seconds.

Boiro was the best side on the pitch during the entire second half, harassing Fabril’s goal and having countless opportunities. To make things worse Marc Martinez was sent off in which was the fourth unusual thing that occurred in the game. He was booked twice in a matter of two minutes after throwing the ball away and or a very doubtful foul.

David Gómez replaced Cardoso and Depor B played with ten men for the final ten minutes. The main chance for the local team was a short-range shot of Jacinto Rey that was saved by Sidibé. Fabril was a solidary team and hold on the result. Striker Marc Nierga played the last minutes after replacing Óscar García.

Fabril keep growing and knew how to face the adversities facing the stronger rival in the league. The shock for losing Dani Iglesias and the quick equalizer caused many problems in the second part, but the team grabbed the draw despite playing with ten men for the final half an hour. Iglesias was rushed to the hospital and the scans revealed that he will be fine.

Due to this result CD Boiro is no longer the leader at Tercera, while Depor B is ninth without anything to win in the remaining four games of the season. The next game for the team is taking place on Thursday as Fabril are hosting UD Somozas, which by the way is the new leader in the league (Abegondo, 17h00 CET).

Boiro: (4-2-3-1) Roberto Pazos - Paco, Marcos Rodríguez, Cardeñosa, Tachi (Rubén Márquez 46’) - Pedro García, Juan (Julián 75’) - Jacinto, Hugo Soto (Javi Pérez 66’), Armental - Carlos Padín
Deportivo B: (4-2-3-1) Marc Martínez – Cañi, Róber, Sidibé, Adrián – Queijeiro, Bicho – Óscar García (Nierga 83’), Romay, Cardoso (David Gómez 61’) – Dani Iglesias (Remeseiro 46’)
Goals: 0-1: (44’) Dani Iglesias, 1-1: (46’) Hugo Soto
Referee: José Ramón Jiménez Alberte. He showed yellow card to Cardoso (41’), Queijeiro (66’), Cardeñosa (77’), David Gómez (80’) and Marcos Rodríguez (86’). Marc Martínez was sent off with two yellow cards (55’ & 57’)
Venue: Barraña. (400).



Back to Competition news