Competition news


05 Sep 2016
Painful draw for Depor B; the team dominated the game for 88 minutes and Silva only created danger in the end. Quique Fornos committed a late penalty that meant to drop two valuable points.

Coach Cristobal Parrolo was recovering Álex Corredera, Blas Alonso and Jardel, but Arnau, Edu Expósito, Naveira, Hugo Rama, Pedro and Marcos Legaz were out injured. The draw was a 4-2-3-1.

Anxo Pérez was covering the goal, Blas Alonso covered the right side in defence, Quique Fornos and Nacho Monsalve were the centre-backs, Lucas Viña performed at the left side, Álvaro Queijeiro and Bamba N’Diaye were the centre midfielders, Álex Corredera attacked from the right wing, Jorge Carreón was the playmaker, Borja Galán attacked from the left wing and Óscar García was the centre forward.

SD Silva was the rival in the game, the club from A Coruña has two players that were at Deportivo Juvenil A on the previous season: Jorge Moure and Miguel Real, both were starters in the game. Other former players of Depor’s academy that were starters were Álvaro López and Brais García.

Deportivo B dropped two points in a game that could have been a big win, but that turned into a bittersweet draw with an allowed penalty in the stoppage time. Fabril started dominating the game ad it took advantage of its first opportunity to score. Corredera and Carreón combined and Óscar ended the play with a great definition inside the area.  The attacker was close to net the second after a corner-kick, but he missed the target (16’).

Borja Galán and Carreón were pretty active in the game and they combined for the next goal opportunity, this time the Bolivian missed the target firing from the edge of the area (18’). At minute 23 it was Corredera who was close to score after a poor clearance by keeper Guillermo.

Two minutes later the visiting team had its first opportunity, Marcos Gómez missed the ball after a cross from Alvarito, but it was a mirage as Depor B continued controlling the ball possession and were having the best opportunities.

The difference with the past game with Bergantiños was that Fabril were practicing a more direct game, always having combinations, but not abusing of this style. At minute 32, Óscar released a cross from the left and Borja Galán headed the ball out.

The pace was lower for the second part; Silva were unable to do anything and Fabril were more pending to protect the result rather than increase the difference; it only created anger through the counterattack. Thus came the first chance in the second half, a run by Lucas Viña ended with Borja Galán hitting the crossbar from the edge of the area (60’).

Silva’s first chance was a direct free-kick by Marcos Gómez that went over the crossbar (62’). Óscar was giving a lot of problems with his speed, while Carreón was opening the space with his passes, but the second goal wasn’t arriving, so Parrolo decided to protect the result and Ángel replaced Corredera.

With a trivote at midfield, and despite the narrow score, the victory seemed to be inside the pocket. Even Borja Galán had the last chance to score the second for Fabril with a low shot blocked by Guillermo (88’).

But everything changed within the final two minutes. First Anxo saved the equalizer in a header of substitute Movilla (89’), then the visitors scored a goal that was ruled out for an offside and then Quique Fornos committed a penalty over Lorusso in a corner-kick action. The centre-back was sent off and Marcos Gómez tied the actions from the spot to end the game. At that point Jardel had replaced Óscar, but the game ended after the equalizer.

Fabril improved its game compared to the previous defeat with Bergantiños CF, but what didn’t change was the aim, because the team had enough chances to have scored more goals after claiming an early lead. It paid the price for its inaccuracy allowing a late goal. The result leaves Depor B at mid-table and on next weekend it plays for the first time on the road: visiting CD Barco.

Deportivo : (4-2-3-1) Anxo – Blas, Fornos, Monsalve, Viña -  Queijeiro, Bamba – Corredera (Ángel 75’), Carreón, Borja Galán – Óscar (Jardel 90+1’).
Silva: (4-2-3-1) Guillermo - Cuesta, Guilherme, Lorusso, Beto - Moure, Miguel Ángel (Movilla 60’) – Alvarito (Carlos Varela 86’), Real, Marcos Gómez - Brais.
Goals: 1-0: (10’) Óscar, 1-1: (90+3’) Marcos Gómez
Referee: Alejandro del Río. He showed yellow card to Beto (6’), Miguel Ángel (33’), Moure (51’) and Larrusso (90+1’). Quique Fornos was sent off (90+2’)




Back to Competition news