Competition news


05 Mar 2018
Disappointing game for Fabril, the lads had several chances to score, but failed and now are out of the promotion spots.

Coach Gustavo Munúa was adding a new lad to his list of injuries, now Óscar García was joining Uxio Dapena, Ismael Díaz, Luismi and Bicho to the list of casualties. Juvenil A Sergio Ortuño was called for the game.

The lineup was a 4-2-3-1 figure with Francis Uzoho covering the goal, Blas Alonso performed at the right-back position, Raúl González and Quique Fornos were the centre-backs, Lucas Viña performed at the left flank. Edu Expósito and Álvaro Queijeiro were the centre midfielders, Borja Galán attacked from the right wing. Diego Caballo did it from the left, Jorge Romay was the playmaker and Luis Fernández was the centre forward.

The rival was CF Talavera de la Reina, a team from Castilla-La Mancha that’s aspiring to enter into the promotion zone and that arrived after six straight games without defeats. Coach Fran Alcoy left top-scorer Miguel Ángel Espinar (8 goals this season) on the bench, so the reference up front was Jesús Jiménez (7 goals).

Fabril were unable to seize their several scoring opportunities and fell before an effective rival that didn’t do too much to score twice. The game started with an error of the local defence that almost cost a goal, a bad pass compromised local goalie Sergio Arenas, he tried to clear the danger and the ball hit Caballo, luckily for him the rebound went out (4’).

Three minutes later the visiting side had a new opportunity to score, Edu Expósito fired from outside the area, the ball was barely deflected by Arenas and then Luis was offside when he was trying to collect the loose ball.

Despite Fabril were dominating the game before a rival that, within the first 20 minutes, only arrived through three crosses that were intercepted by Francis.  At minute 17, a pass from Blas Alonso allowed the arrival of Luis, who fell inside the area before the pressure of a defender, no penalty was call.

A new chance for Fabril arrived at minute 23 and it was the clearest one on this half, Luis released a low shot from the left side of the area, once again Arenas barely deflected the ball and Borja Galán found the loose ball at the far post, but he could only hit the outside of the net.

Talavera’s first chance came at minute 29, Víctor got the ball at the edge of the area and his low attempt passed close to Francis’ far post. The locals team improved within the last fifteen minutes, but without creating clear opportunities.

The second half started with an opportunity for Talavera, Jorge Fernández collected a cross from the left and his acrobatic attempt was cleared by Francis at the near post (51’).  Fabril should have scored at minute 57, Caballo lead a counterattack and was left alone before Arenas, but his shot went directly into the body of the keeper.

Then the local goal arrived, it was a counterattack in which Quique Fornos fouled Cristian, the referee whistled the penalty and Jorge Fernández scored from the spot. Fabril had many chances to claim the lead, and now it was losing.

Munúa moved the bench and Jardel and Gaizka Martínez replaced Caballo and Quique Fornos, the latter left the field due to an injury sustained in the play of the penalty. Fabril were still trying, but the rival was looking more dangerous through their counterattacks.

The second chance in the half for Fabril was a header of Romay that Arenas blocked at his left bottom corner (68’). The last substitution at Fabril was the entry of Martin Bengoa for Romay and the lads continued wasting occasions, at minute 74 Borja Galán had the chance to shot from the edge of the area, but he was too slow and Óscar Prats blocked his attempt.

A new chance to tie the game came at minute 83, a lateral free-kick from Lucas Viña met Borja Galán, and his downward header was miraculously saved by Arenas. And then the locals sentenced the meeting with the second goal.

It was a counterattack in which substitute Espinar drilled the ball between two defenders and into the box, Cristian Fernández arrived there to push the ball in past Francis. Jardel had the last chance in the game for Fabril, he collected the ball inside the box after a low cross from the right, but he sent the ball out (90’).

Fabril didn’t seize their seven chances to score throughout the game and lost a crucial game due to a penalty and a counterattack. Ad with the results in the other games, Fabril are out of the promotion seats for the first time since matchday 05. Precisely, the next game is against the new fourth place, CDA Navalcarnero, (Sunday, Abegondo, 12h00 CET) 

Talavera La Reina: (4-4-2) Sergio Arenas – Prats, Villarejo, San José, Gonzalo – Víctor Andrés, Hakim, Melchor, Jorge Fernández (Rubén Rivera 75’) – Laerte (Espinar 71’). Cristian (Cabañas 89’).
Fabril (4-2-3-1) Francis – Blas, Fornos (Gaizka Martínez 63’), Raúl González, Lucas Viña – Queijeiro, Edu Expósito – Borja Galán, Romay (Martín Bengoa 74’), Caballo (Jardel 63’) - Luis Fernández
Goals: 1-0: (61’) Jorge Fernández (penalty),2-0: (87’) Cristian
Referee: Iván Caparrós. He showed yellow card to Fornos (60’) and Óscar Prats (67’)
Venue: Municipal El Prado




Back to Competition news