Competition news


13 Jan 2019
New defeat for a unlucky Fabril, the lads were better and deserved more, but committed s penalty that cost the three points and to continue living in darkness.

Coach Sergio Pellicer was finally recovering Bicho, the winger surpassed his injury and was on the bench. New arrival Ignacio Segado was also on the roster and was at the starting formation after signing during the week.

The draw was a 4-2-3-1 figure. Álex Cobo was the starting goalie, Valín covered the right side in defence, Lucas Viña played on the left, Raúl González and Steve One were the centre-backs. Carlos López and Iago Gandoy were the centre midfielders, Segado attacked from the left wing, Víctor García did it from the right, Joni Montiel was the playmaker and Uxío Dapena was the centre forward.

The rival was CF Internacional de Madrid, a direct rival for the permanence that had only added two of the previous fifteen points in dispute. Coach Marcos Jiménez was relying in Alfonso González for the goals (5 goals on the campaign)

The first ten minutes were calm, both sides were exchanging the ball possession and the attacks didn’t have depth. The first approximation was for Fabril as Montiel fired from the edge of the area with the ball going over the crossbar (9’). Five minutes later a cross by Víctor García couldn’t be headed by Uxío.

The first shot on target came at minute 15, Víctor García got the ball at the edge of the area and his shot was saved by visiting goalie André Grandi. With the passage of the minutes, Fabril were looking better, but didn’t have a strong presence in the rival’s area. So, it wasn’t strange that the next change was a shot from midfield of Carlos López that went out.

Inter’s first chance in the game came at minute 21, Gonzalo Herrero got the ball at the edge of the area and his curved shot was brilliantly deflected by Álex Cobo. Two minutes later Fer Pina was heading a lateral free-kick and his attempt went out.

At this point, the visiting side started to control the actions, so Fabril started to play on the counterattack and the goal almost came in this way. After an attack from Inter, Montiel drilled a ball into the path of Abeledo and the strong shot from the winger was miraculously saved by Grandi (26’).

That play was followed by two straight corner-kicks for Fabril, and in the second Steve One was close to score, but he headed out the cross from Montiel.  Fabril regained control of the actions and Víctor García was close to score at minute 31, his drilling attempt was saved by Grandi. The half ended with a chance for Inter, Alfonso collected a high cross from the right and his low shot was blocked by Álex Cobo (42’).

Fabril started strong in the second half, asking for a penalty after a lateral shot hit the body of a defender and with two straight corner-kicks. The locals were desperate to score due to their situation at the standings, that feeling of been hurried pushed them to make small mistakes and the outcome was to lack depth.

Meanwhile, Inter were wasting time and started to gain meters with their pause, at the same time they created some problems through set-pieces. But the next big opportunity was for Fabril, Valín made a great play on the right and cross was connected by Uxio with the ball going over the crossbar (59’).

Pellicer moved the bench and Juanje and Bicho replaced Víctor García and Gandoy. Bicho was debuting on the season and his first appearance was a shot from the edge of the area that Grandi cleared over the crossbar (71’).

Fabril were deserving the lead, but it only got a penalty against them. Carlos López committed a huge error pulling a rival inside the area, the referee whistled the penalty and Gonzalo Herrero didn’t miss from the spot.

Pedro Correia was the last substitution as he replaced Luca Viña. Uxio should have scored at minute 79, but his shot from close range just passed close to the far post. Four minutes later Pedro was chipping the ball over the keeper and scoring, but he was offside. The desperation of Fabril almost cost a second goal, at the last minute a counterattack ended with a great play of Tamayo, the attacker dribbled two rivals and his crossed shot hit the far post and went out.

New defeat for a Fabril that was better, but that still dropping points at the start of the second round. The team needs to improve a lot if they want to avoid relegation. The next is the derby visiting Celta B

Comments of Pellicer: “I believe the result is unfair. The club won’t have any problem with me, I am not holding any weight. If the best for Fabril is to see me leaving, then nothing happens. It was always the same anywhere I went.”

Fabril; (4-2-3-1) Álex Cobo –Valín, One, Raúl González, Lucas Viña (Pedro 78’) – Carlos López, Gandoy (Juanje 69’) – Víctor García (Bicho 69’), Joni Montiel, Abeledo – Uxio Dapena.
Inter Madrid: (4-2-3-1) André Grandi – Robles, Herrero, Morante, Moyano – Fer Pina, Calderón (Aitor 82’)– Muñíz, Rufo, Tamayo (Rico 90+1’) – Alfonso (Rafa Mella 62’).
Goal: 0-1: (75’) Herrero (penalty)
Referee: Manuel Pozueta Rodríguez. He showed yellow card to Raúl González (62’) & Morante (67’)
Venue: Abegondo




Back to Competition news