Transfer news

BARCELONA COULD BE INTERESTED IN COLOCCINI, FILIPE AND GUARDADO

30 Apr 2008
It seems that Barcelona is planning a major shifting after the elimination in Champions League. Just one day after the defeat at Old Trafford, two Depor's players have been linked with the Catalan club: Coloccini and Filipe Luis. This two names are added to Andr?s Guardado, the Mexican was previously linked with Joan Laporta's club.

Sportpaper AS wrote on Wednesday the central defender Fabricio Coloccini already has an agreement with FC Barcelona for the next season. AS reports that Joan Laporta is planning two big signings for the defensive sector. The first one is the arrival of Bayern's left-back Philipp Lahm, a deal that seems confirmed according to the Catalan media. The second step is to sign Coloccini. AS speculates that Lendoiro will not refuse the deal, but that this time, he will not ask for €6 million as he did with Zaragoza on the previous campaign, but for an amount between the €12 and the  €15 million.

But Coloccini appeared at Abegondo's press room after Wednesday's training and assured the news aren't true "I haven't talked to anyone, I was surprised to see the news when I was taking my breakfast. I prefer to be focused on Deportivo. I wont' speak with my agent until the end of season. These are just rumours, so far, there isn't any negotiation, it isn't true. When there's something, you will know. I always give everything on the pitch, no one should doubt that Coloccini won't low his level or tension for this."

The Argentinean also said that his agent, Marcelo Lombilla, can't negotiate any deal without his approval "I already spent previous seasons with these kind of rumours, reason why I wasn't at 100% with the team, but Lombilla knows me since I was 13 years old, he knows what I like and what I want, but he can't reach any agreement without my approval."

And newspaper La Opini??n A Corona reported on the same day that Barcelona is also interested in Filipe Luis. According to this source, Frank Rijkaard is suggesting two names to Barcelona's sporting director, Txiki Beguiristain, one is Filipe and the other is Getafe's Rub?n de La Red. La Opini??n speculates the operation will depend of Rijkaard's continuity at Barca. However, the possible arrival of Philipp Lahm could also block the operation since both players occupy the same position. Besides, the agent of Filipe, Herminio Men?ndez, already said to reporters that he hasn't received any call from the Catalan club nor Deportivo related to this case.

This two rumours are now joining Barcelona's supposed interest in Andr?s Guardado, according to the paper Mundo Deportivo, the Mexican is one of the four options studied in order to cover the left wing for next season. AC Milan has been also linked with the ex-Atlas player. However, the same Guardado and his agent -Mario Ordiales- already said that the player's intention is to continue at Depor. 

Back to Transfer news