Transfer news

THE PUZZLE OF LENDOIRO

18 Jun 2011
Lendoiro said on Wednesday that the first signing should be arriving before the weekend, but things are moving slowly at the club and so far there are no novelties about new incorporations, and neither about exits.

President Lendoiro has asked for patience as he assures that the club is working hard in order to complete the squad for the season 2011/12, but until this day there are no new signings and the possible exits of players are also jammed. On Friday he told to Cadena Ser that he was expecting to pay between 16 and 17 million Euros in the players’ wages and the transfer of reinforcements. In the end Depor’s boss has at least one doubt in every position on the field.

Starting with the goalkeeper’s spot; the club and Aranzubia have said in several opportunities that he will stay at the club, but rumours still flowing about the possible interest of other clubs like Atletico Madrid; besides Manu is gone and during the week it was known that Fabril’s Diego Rivas will not continue at the club, so Depor needs at least one a new goalie for the first team.

At defense, it seems that Oltra isn’t counting with Morel for the left-back position, and the name of Ayoze Díaz (29, RCD Mallorca) and Boukary Dramé (25, FC Sochaux) have been mentioned as alternatives.

The right-back position is only sector that’s already covered as Manuel Pablo and Laure will stay, the only doubt is what will happen with Seoane, who should be promoted to the first team for the coming season. On Friday Marca and Radio Cadena Cope were announcing that the youngster will be loaned ahead of the campaign 2011/12.

The centre of the defense still pending on the future of some players; Lopo is leaving and his spot will be covered by both Aythami and Rochela. The leader of the position should be Colotto, but he hasn’t signed yet a renewal and Lendoiro said that if doesn’t sign it, then he will probably be sold during the summer. Besides, the club still has to decide what will happen with Ze Castro.

The biggest doubts are at midfield; only Ruben Pérez is staying and with Alex Bergantiños returning from his loan, the club is searching for two veteran players; the latest rumour released by Deporte Campeón (DxT) is that the selected couple is Diego Rivas (31, Real Sociedad) and Jorge Luque (30, Córdoba); players that are ending contract on June 30.

Valerón has a fixed spot in the playmaker’s role, but during the week it was known that the loan contract with Valencia for Michel won’t be renewed, and Depor needs a substitute for El Flaco; Juan Carlos from Fabril made a great season, but so far Oltra has said nothing about his possible incorporation to the first team.

Things seem calmed at the right wing, Pablo Álvarez and Saul are the players still having contract and so far nothing has been said about any possible reinforcement for this spot. The left wing is more complicated as for the moment everything is pending on the possible exit of Guardado. On Thursday the agent of the Mexican, Mario Ordiales, told to A Bola that Sporting Clube de Portugal already presented an offer for the winger, and in the next days he told to AS that three Spanish clubs have asked about the status of the player.

And the headache for Lendoiro is at the centre of the attack, he already has Lassad and Riki, but still has to solve the case of Adrian and is also trying to secure the arrival of a top-scorer. A lot of names have mentioned, but almost all of them are already discarded, like Nino, who already signed a two-year deal with Osasuna. The last name mentioned by the papers is Joselu (20, Real Madrid Castilla).

It is one of the names released by Depor Sport some weeks ago, and during the week El Faro de Vigo informed that Depor already started the contacts with Real Madrid in order to close a loan operation. The player belongs to Castilla, but Celta de Vigo has an option to buy him in the future.

ARCHIVE NEWS JUN/11

ZAPPING


Back to Transfer news