Competition news


22 Oct 2013
Disastrous first half of Deportivo B; despite playing with the best youngsters the team allowed three goals before the 30-minute mark. Later it tried to react during the second part, but it wasn’t enough as it only pulled one goal.

Coach José Luis Devesa was missing Jorge Romay, who was suspended after been sent off in the previous match.  Centre midfielder Ángel Fernández, striker Chiño and playmaker Álvaro Queijeiro, were out injured. At the same time Paulo Teles was returning after been concentrated with the first team, centre-back Uxío Marcos was debuting on the Tercera season and winger Óscar García was back after surpassing an injury.

The starting lineup was a 4-2-3-1 formation; David Gómez was defending the goal, Toni Insua performed at the right side of the defense, Aarón did it on the left, Uxío and Róber were the centre-backs, Sidibé and Teles were the centre midfielders, Adrián Martinez  was the improvised right winger, Cañi played on the left flank, Bicho was the playmaker and Dani Iglesias was the central attacker.

The rival was Vigo-based club Rápido de Bouzas. The team coached by Juan Carlos Andrés had a negative start, but arrived to the meeting undefeated within the previous three games; besides the Baltasar Pujales has been a  tough stadium for Fabril as in recent years the Depor’s youngsters have suffered two straight defeats playing there for Tercera División.

Fabril arrived to the meeting with the intention of recovering the lost ground at the standings and ended completing its worst first half of the season. The team was a broken formation with many cracks that were capitalized by an effective rival. By minute 30 the game was over. The coach made the modifications at half-time, but it wasn’t enough to reverse the situation.

The game began with the early goal of Diego Nicolás Olivera ‘Uru’, who resolved a long cross coming from a lateral free-kick and after a distraction of the defense. Fabril were playing with all the youngsters that usually train with the first team, but there were no signal of their allegedly quality. Instead the team was inconsistent and lacked order. Sidibé was fighting, but neither Bicho nor Teles created the opportunities for Dani Iglesias.

The early goal also made possible to see a more relaxed Rápido de Bouzas, a team that was feeling comfortable putting pressure over the rival and attacking through the counterattack. But still it was surprising to see the locals defining the game in a matter of two minutes and before the 30-minute mark.

At minute 25, winger Diego Diz scored through a header capitalizing a cross from the left, again in a set-piece as the ball was coming from a corner-kick. And two minutes later defender Pablo Fernández scored the third goal after a deflection inside the area. The situation could have been worse as Uru was close to score the fourth at minute 30 with a chipping attempt that was cleared by Toni Insua at the goal line.

Knowing the first part was the worst one on this season, coach Devesa ordered a triple change at half-time. In this way Stefan Deák, Óscar García and Álex Pérez entered for Róber, Teles and Cañi. The modifications brought freshness to the team though it’s also true that Rápido changes its style as the locals were now waiting at the back, which allowed Fabril to claim the ball possession.

The entry of Óscar García brought depth to the team at the right wing and actually it was him who scored the goal for the visitors after heading in a cross from Dani Iglesias (a corner-kick from the left). Depor B had a great change to enter into the game as Álex Pérez was close to score in a one-on-one play against local goalie Carlos Hortal, but the keeper made the save and to make things worse the striker suffered a hamstring injury.

Without modifications Fabril had to play with ten men for twenty-five minutes, so Fabril passed from been close to transform the game into a narrow score to be losing by two playing with one less man. It turned to be too much for a team and a coach that lived their worst day on the season.

The horrible first half of the team was too much weight for a group of players that still without showing their supposed superiority in this league. Devesa was also too hurried as he made the three changes at half-time; just when his team seemed to be reacting, it ended reduced to ten men as Álex Pérez had to be replaced at the middle of the second part. The excuse of the youngsters concentrated with the first team is no longer active as Fabril faced the game with their best players, with the exception of suspended Romay.

Depor B had only won one of the last five games and live their worst moment on the season, luckily they are only two points under the promotion seats, and four points under leaders CCD Cerceda, precisely the next rival of Depor B that will visit Abegondo (Sunday, 17h00 CET). They are living a dreamed start of season as they are one of the two teams in the league that remain undefeated.

Rápido de Bouzas: (4-2-3-1) Carlos Hortal - Fran Matos, Villa (Rubén 62’), Portas, Pablo García - Sergio (Jacobo 69’), Gabi Misa (Cotilla 86’) - Diego Diz, Pablo Fernández, Chema - Uru.
Deportivo B: (4-2-3-1) David Gómez - Toni Insua, Róber (Óscar García 46’), Uxío, Aarón - Sidibé, Teles (Deák 45’) - Adrián Martínez, Bicho, Cañi (Álex Pérez 46’) - Dani Iglesias
Goals: 1-0: (2’) Uru, 2-0: (25’) Diz, 3-0: (27’) Pablo Fernández, 3-1: (66’) Óscar.
Referee: Vidal Araújo. He showed yellow card to Fran Matos, Villa, Sergio Santos, Uru, Chema; Róber, Aaron & Cañi
Venue: Baltasar Pujales (500)




Related news


Back to Competition news