Competition news


17 Oct 2017
Big win for Fabril, but it was deceiving for what the rival did. Still, it’s the sixth straight win that keeps the team at the top of the group at Segunda B.

Coach Cristobal Parralo had important casualties: Quique Fornos, Bicho, Romay and Luis Fernández were out for injury reasons, while keeper Francis Uzoho and midfielder Edu Expósito skipped this game for been picked by the first team in the visit to SD Eibar. Blas Alonso was returning from suspension. Juvenil A players Jorge Valín, Sergio Ortuño and Pablo Brea were picked for the game in order to fill the gaps.

The lineup was a 4-2-3-1 with Álex Cobo covering the goal, Blas Alonso performed at the right-back position, Steve One and Raúl González were the centre-backs, Lucas Viña performed at the left. Carlos López and Álvaro Queijeiro were the centre midfielders, Óscar García attacked from the left wing. Martín Bengoa was the playmaker, Borja Galán performed on the right flank and Uxio Dapena was the centre forward.

The rival was CF Talavera de La Reina, team from Castilla-La Mancha that arrived into the game in relegation after only winning one game so far. Coach Fran Alcoy presented a 4-2-3-1 formation with Cristian Fernández and Miguel Espinar as the references in attack.

Big score for Fabril, but the true is that the result was too much for a CF Talavera that made a solid game and that only lost in the final minutes. Fabril was facing the game with several casualties and Panamanian Ismael Díaz was key in the final stretch.

The game started with Fabril dominating the ball possession, but CF Talavera had the first approximations through two lateral free-kicks, in the last one Álex Cobo had to punch the ball out (9’). One minute later Óscar dribbled a rival on the left and his cross was cleared by a defender.

The visiting side started to feel comfortable and had the first clear chance to score, it was a deflection that Miguel Espinar picked at the edge of the area, but he sent the ball over the crossbar when he was alone before Cobo (14’).

Two minutes later Víctor Andrés escaped the mark and released a low cross from the left corner of the box, Cobo deflected the ball and later a defender cleared the danger. Meanwhile, Depor were only appearing with Óscar on the left, he was able to elude a rival and his cross was headed out by Martín Bengoa (18’).

Fabril continued suffering, mainly defending the set-pieces. At minute 19, a lateral free-kick ended with a double chance for Paul Quaye, in the last he missed the target firing from the edge of the area.  Fabril started to improve as soon as Borja Galán started to have a bigger participation, at minute 25 his solo move on the left ended with a drilling shot blocked by visiting goalie Ernesto Machuca.

Óscar had the second chance for Fabril, the winger appeared on the right wing to release a strong shot that was stopped by Machuca (31’).  Seven minutes later, Óscar assisted Blas Alonso and the fullback missed the target firing from the right side of the area.

The second half started with a direct free-kick by Cristian Fernández that was blocked by Álex Cobo (46’).  The first chance for Fabril was a big one, a counterattack ended in a combination between Martín Bengoa and Óscar with a latter firing a strong shot that passed close to the far post (48’).

Then Parralo made the first substitution, Juvenile Sergio Ortuño debuted replacing Carlos López, the move was followed by the entry of Ismael Díaz for Borja Galán. The modifications switched the draw into a 4-4-2 with Ortuño performing at midfield and Martín Bengoa playing towards the left wing.

The visiting side could have been awarded with a penalty at minute 55, Jorge Fernández jumped for the ball inside the box, he was pushed by Blas Alonso coming from the behind, and the referee didn’t want to whistle the penalty. It was crucial as the score was still 0-0.

Ismael Díaz was close to score at minute 64, he collected a pass from Blas Alonso and his crossed shot passed close to the far post of Machuca. Two minutes later Steve One had to leave the pitch after picking a knock as he was trying to clear a ball. He was replaced by Gaizka Martínez.

Espinar had the next chance for CF Talavera as he headed the ball in a corner-kick action, but he missed the target (68’). Then the game changed with two counterattacks in which Ismael Díaz was the key. In the first he drilled the ball to Lucas Viña, who entered the area by the left to end scoring with a drilling and crossed shot.

Just three minutes later the play was repeated, this time on the right side with Óscar García scoring with a new low and crossed attempt. The game was ending, but the chances to score, scarce just minutes before, were arriving for both sides.

At minute 85, Ismael Díaz could have scored with a short-range attempt saved by Machuca, three minutes later Paul Quaye collected a pass from substitute Jesus Jiménez, but he missed the target from the edge of the area.

And the game ended with the third goal for Fabril, CF Talavera committed an error in the output of the ball, Sergio Ortuño drilled a ball into the edge of the area, Uxío left the ball pass between his legs, then Álvaro Queijeiro arrived to score with a low shot.

Sixth straight win for Fabril, this time it was more suffered of what the score can tell, because the visiting team gave a lot of problems and could have been awarded with a penalty at the start of the second part, later Ismael Díaz came out from the bench and gave two assists to pave the road for the victory. Fabril remain as the leader in Segunda B (group I), and on next Sunday face a tough meeting visiting second place CDA Navalcarnero (16h30 CET).

Fabril (4-2-3-1) Álex Cobo - Blas, Raúl González, One (Gaizka Martínez 67’), Lucas Viña – Queijeiro, Carlos López (Ortuño 50’) – Óscar, Martín Bengoa, Borja Galán (Ismael Díaz 54’) – Uxío.
CF Talavera: (4-2-3-1) Machuca – Óscar Prats (Jesús Jíménez 77’), Villarejo, Mario López (Gonzalo 46’), San José – Paul Quaye, Víctor Andrés – Melchor, Espinar, Jorge Fernández – Cristian Fernández (Laerte 68’)
Goals: 1-0: (77’) Lucas Viña, 2-0: (80’) Óscar, 3-0: (89’) Queijeiro
Referee: Fernando Román. He showed yellow card to Blas Alonso (14’), Óscar Prats (74’) & Paul Quaye (80’)
Venue: Abegondo (900)




Back to Competition news