Competition news


20 Mar 2018
Important victory for a Fabril that didn’t feel comfortable on the pitch, but that was solid in defence and that seized its best chance in the game.

Coach Gustavo Munúa was recovering Óscar, Uxío Dapena and Romay, but the trio stated on the bench. Quique Fornos and Steve One were still out injured, the same for Ismael Díaz, Luismi and Bicho. Juvenil A players Iago Carracedo and Mujaid were picked for the game.

The lineup was a 4-2-3-1 figure with Francis Uzoho covering the goal, Blas Alonso performed at the right-back position, Raúl González and Gaizka Martínez were the centre-backs, Lucas Viña performed at the left side in defence. Edu Expósito and Carlos López were the centre midfielders, Borja Galán attacked from the right wing. Diego Caballo did it from the left, Martín Bengoa was the playmaker and Jardel was the centre forward.

The rival was CD Guijuelo, team trying to hurry up the chances to enter into the promotion zone. Coach Jordi Fabregat was relying in Diego Suárez for the goals (3 goals so far on the Segunda B season).

Not the best of the presentations for Depor’s lads, but they knew how to stop a rival that lacked quality in offense. Later they had some good opportunities up front and seized one of them in a penalty that was firstly missed.

The game started with a clear chance for the locals, Diego Suárez was left alone before Francis, but the striker couldn’t control the ball properly and was unable to release the shot (2’). In the next play Edu Expósito released the first shot on target that was blocked by local goalie Kike Royo.

The locals were controlling the ball possession, but lacked depth and aim with the passes, while Fabril were locked waiting for a counterattack. With the passage of the minutes the game became more static, mainly for the fouls and protests. The next chance to score came at minute 23, Raúl Ruiz collected the ball at the far post during a lateral free-kick, but he missed the target.

At minute 29, Edu Expósito assisted Borja Galán and he released a cross from the left that Jonathan tried to deflect, it ended hitting the post and went out. Four minutes later Diego Caballo attempted a long-range shot that missed the target.

Guijuelo had a big chance to claim the lead a minute 36, Diego Suárez was unable to surpass Francis, the loose ball was connected by Manu Gavilán, but the ball ended in the arms of Fabril’s goalie after a deflection by Lucas Viña.

The final part started with a new push for the locals, they had a double chance in a corner-kick, but no one was able to push the ball in (50’). Fabril’s first opportunity in this half came six minutes later, Jardel collected a cross from Blas Alonso, but he headed the ball out.

Then Fabril earned a penalty. It was a solo-play by Borja Galán, he was fouled inside the area by Abel and the referee whistled the penalty. Edu Expósito failed from the spot as Kike Royo made the save, but the same player collected the loose ball to score from close range.

Now Guijuelo was looking desperate, something that Fabril started to seize at the moment of releasing the counterattack. At minute 59 Borja Galán didn’t end properly a counterattack and the ball ended in the arms of Kike.

Guijuelo had a new chance through Diego Suárez, but his shot was too easy for Francis (64’).  The locals were increasing the pressure and Munúa made the first two substitutions, Óscar and Queijeiro replaced Jardel and Martín Bengoa. Both improved the game in attack, though missed their opportunities.

Óscar had a chance at minute 74, he picked the ball at the edge of the area and his shot went out after been deflected by a rival. In the resulting corner-kick Queijeiro missed the ball at the far post. Queijeiro also had the next chance, he collected the ball inside the area, but sent the ball out (82’). The last substitution was the entry of Uxío for Borja Galán.

Queijeiro was again close to score at the last minute, it was a counterattack lead by Óscar, the midfielder attempted to chip the ball over Kike Royo, but the keeper cleared the danger to corner-kick. Caballo had the last chance in a new counterattack, but he sent the ball out (90+4’)

A solid defence earned three points. Fabril was a serious team that didn’t concede too much and that seized one of its opportunities. The team is not third at the standings, only two points from first place Fuenlabrada. The next game is the visit of Pontevedra CF to Abegondo (Saturday, 17h00 CET).

Guijuelo (4-2-3-1) Kike – Raúl Ruiz, Kevin, Ayala, Jonathan – Abel (Carmona 68’), Manu Gavilán – Borja, Ayub, Nacho Pérez (Luque 57’) – Diego Suárez (Manu Fuster 75’)
Fabril: (4-2-3-1) Francis – Blas, Gaizka Martínez, Raúl González, Lucas Viña – Carlos López, Edu Expósito – Borja Galán (Uxío 84’), Martín Bengoa (Queijeiro 68’), Caballo – Jardel (Óscar García 68’)
Goal: 0-1: (55’) Edu Expósito
Referee: Xabier Gómez Landazabal. He showed yellow card to Kevin (17’), Carlos López (23’), Nacho Pérez (40’), Queijeiro (87’) & Lucas Viña (88’)
Venue: Municipal de Guijuelo




Back to Competition news