Competition news


06 Nov 2018
Fabril suffered and played a bad game, it missed consistency and lost the control within the final minutes, but the second victory on the season bring fresh air in the quest for the permanence.

Massive changes by coach Sergio Pellicer in his second game as the coach of Fabril. There were five modifications at the starting lineup compared to the previous match, all to avoid a fifth straight defeat that could leave the team at the bottom of the standings.
The draw was a 4-2-3-1 figure. Álex Cobo was the starting goalie, Blas Alonso covered the right side in defence, Lucas Viña played on the left, Quique Fornos and Steve One were the centre-backs. Carlos López and Iago Gandoy were the centre midfielders, Juan Jesús Argüez ‘Juanje’ attacked from the left wing, Víctor García did it from the right, Joni Montiel was the playmaker and Uxío Dapena was the centre forward.

The rival was Rápido de Bouzas, the next team at the standings, so the game was crucial in the early quest for the permanence. Coach Michel Alonso only had 16 players available and was relying in Moroccan Youssef El Ouatani and Rodrigo Alonso for the goals. Ex-Fabril Iago López was a starter at the centre of the defence.

In a general sense Fabril controlled the game the major part of the time, but it lost control when it should have injected pause, for this reason the uncertainty stayed until the end. Fabril claimed the control of the game in the early stages, their first shot on target came at minute 6; Juanje got the ball at the left side and ran into the area to end releasing a low shot blocked by visiting goalie Brais Pereiro.

But the locals were too slow in the output of the ball, there were countless passes at the back zone, so they never created a sense of danger as the rival was already well placed when they stepped into their area. Still, Fabril had already created two chances to score before the 15-minute mark. The second was a header of Uxío after a cross from the left that was blocked by Brais (12’).

Rápido’s first chance in the game came in a counterattack, Diego Diz released the cross from the right and Youssef had a shot blocked from inside the area (23’). Fabril were having big problems to create chances as it lacked depth, but suddenly it started to have those opportunities.

At minute 30, Jony Montiel fired from the edge of the area and Brais made the save. Two minutes later, a counterattack saw how Carlos López released a long pass searching for Uxío and the striker, after dribbling a rival, had a shot deflected to corner-kick.

The biggest chance for Fabril came at minute 37, Lucas Viña made the play on the left, his low cross found Juanje alone inside the area and his shot went directly into the position of keeper Brais. Two minutes later Víctor García fired a low shot that was deflected by the visiting goalie, the loose ball was found by Uxio, but his attempt was blocked by a defender.

The second half started with a chance for Fabril, Jony Montiel reached the ball after a cross from the left and he headed the ball out (46’). Depor started to become desperate and the visiting side stared to find some cracks to release the counterattack.

But then Fabril found consecutive goals to claim a comfortable lead. First Víctor García released a cross from the right and Uxío Dapena headed the ball home been between three defenders. Only two minutes later Iago Gandoy found a loose ball at the edge of the area and his shot was deflected by a defender fooling Brais.

The game was now under control and Fabril was trying to hold on before the visiting pressure. The first substitution was the entry of Pedro Correia for Uxío.  The first chance in the half for Rápido de Bouzas was a cross of Youssef barely deflected by a defender and that went close to the far post (72’).

Salles-Lamonge was the second substitution as he replaced Montiel. Fabril only needed to close the game putting more pause to their game, but instead they lost control of the situation and the rival began the harassment.

Rápido’s captain Coti was close to score from a direct fee-kick that was saved by Álex Cobo (80’), and seconds later the visiting side found the goal. A cross from the left went into the path of substitute Kiko, who was about to score before Álex Cobo, but it was Blas Alonso who scored an on goal trying to clear the danger.

The final minutes were tense as the visiting side pushed and spent the last ten minutes at Fabril’s area, but the lads were able to keep the advantage until the final whistle.  The last substitution was the entry of Gaizka Martínez for Juanje

Fabril had more chances than the rival, but it suffered until the end for wasting their opportunities and for not knowing how to manage the game within the final ten minutes. Still, the lads added the second victory on the season. The team remains in relegation and next Sunday they visit Pontevedra CF (Pasarón, 17h00 CET)

Fabril: (4-2-3-1) Álex Cobo – Blas Alonso, Quique Fornos, One, Lucas Viña – Iago Gandoy, Carlos López – Víctor García, Joni Montiel (Salles-Lamonge 73’), Juanje (Gaizka Martínez 84’) – Uxío Dapena (Pedro Correia 65’)
Rápido de Bouzas: (4-2-3-1) Brais – Adrián. Iago López, Diego Rodríguez (Kiko 61’), Coti – Corbaran, Javi Sánchez – Jou (Fran González 61’), Diego Diz, Youssef – Rodrigo (Edgard Agudo 61’).
Goals: 1-0: (55’) Uxío, 2-0: (57’) Gandoy, 2-1: (81’) Blas Alonso (o.g.)
Referee: Jaime Ruiz Álvarez. He showed yellow card to Víctor García (22’), Javi Sánchez (62’), Juanje (64’), Kiko (76’), Gandoy (76’) & Blas Alonso (78’)
Venue: Abegondo




Back to Competition news